Re: [Linux-cachefs] nfs fscache mount problem

> I still have a feeling that I saw some more user-oriented list of
> things to do, maybe it was posted here, but I am not able to find it
> just now...

Ah, it was probably this Steve's message:

 https://www.redhat.com/archives/linux-cachefs/2005-May/msg00002.html

One thing not re-iterated here yesterday is the "cachefs___" thing, I
guess it is still true and important:

> NFS uses FSC on a per-mount bases which means a new
> mount flag 'fsc' is need to activate the caching.
> Example:
>     mount -t nfs4 -o fsc server:/home /mnt/server/home
>

> (Note: people.redhat.com/steved/cachefs/util-linux/ has the
> util-linux binary and source rpms with the fsc support).
>

> To set up a mounted cachefs partition, first initialize
> the disk partition by:
>    echo "cachefs___" >/dev/hdg9
> then mount the partition:
>     mount -t cachefs /dev/hdg9 /cache-hdg9
>

> See Documentation/filesystems/caching in the kernel
> source for more details.

And the above mentioned patched kernel source directory
Documentation/filesystems/caching is THE source of information.

It would be certainly worth it to put a snapshot of this directory
somewhere on the web (if somebody with the source at hand minds to
send me .tar.gz of this directory, I will put it on my www and post a
link here to make life easier for a curious lazy public).

Vaclav