Re: Function pointers to inline functions

Steve Graegert wrote:
Whenever you request a pointer to an inline function the compiler will
place a normal subroutine version of the inline's implementation in an
object file and return its address.

Does this mean that the compiler will check the entire translation unit where the inline function is visible for pointer-request operations on the function and if any are present, the compiler will place a normal version in the object file?

This would mean that the function is output separately even if -finline-functions is used. Is that true?

Do I have a way of checking whether a function is output separately or not using nm? Do I just check to see whether the function name is there in the output or do I have to look for some flag on the function name? I am still not aware of the full depth of using nm.

Thanks as always,

Shriramana Sharma.

-