Re: Bug caused by moving to BlueZ 5.56 (bytes stripped from HoG reports)

Hi Taylor,

On Thu, 2021-03-11 at 08:05 -0700, Taylor Phillips wrote:
> Hi Ricardo,
>
> Just passing over this issue in the steam-for-linux github that seems
> like it may be related:
> https://github.com/ValveSoftware/steam-for-linux/issues/7697.
>
> The latest BlueZ update seems to be causing issues with the Steam
> Controller's ability to communicate specifically with the Steam client
> over Bluetooth LE. I'm a casual non-dev, so can't tell you much more
> than that.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Taylor

Thank you. Yes, I'm aware of that. The bug I was inspecting is sorted out now,
but yes, we had to take into account the change in how BlueZ provides the report
IDs starting in 5.56.

I guess that's something that everyone using hidraw devices with multiple report
IDs will have to take care of when they switch to BlueZ 5.56 or later.

Cheers,
Ricardo