BlueZ Creates conflicting deviceinfo service.

Hi,

We've been working on something that uses Bluetooth to provide GATT
services and recently have updated to BlueZ 5.55 from 5.53 and have
found an issue.

It seems that in the newer version a commit was made
(d5e07945c4aa36a83addc3c269f55c720c28afdb) that enabled the service
0x180A with characteristic 0x2A50.

However as our software creates a service on 0x180A it causes a
conflict, as the application we are making our software with reads
from the first service available which is the one generated by BlueZ.

It looks like it was discussed about a kill switch being added of
"DeviceIdOverLE" to then disable this but I can't find any reference
to this at all.

How would be best to disable this?

--
Ryan Walmsley

Engineer

Pi Supply Unit 4 Bells Yew Green Business Court,
Bells Yew Green, East Sussex, TN3 9BJ, United Kingdom