Bug caused by moving to BlueZ 5.56 (bytes stripped from HoG reports)

Hi all,

I discovered this fix https://github.com/bluez/bluez/commit/35a2c50 while
debugging a fwupd plugin for a HoG device that implements its FW upgrade
mechanism using vendor-specific HID reports (
https://github.com/fwupd/fwupd/blob/master/plugins/pixart-rf/fu-pxi-device.c).

Initially, the developers were using BlueZ versions prior to 5.56, which is the
first release that includes that fix, so their code was written with that
behavior in mind. After moving to 5.56 we found out it crashed and we needed to
adapt the code to the proper report format. I think this is the kind of issues
that Dean mentioned here
https://marc.info/?l=linux-bluetooth&m=160590969013204&w=2

Have there been any more reports like this? Is this expected to have a greater
impact than initially thought?

Cheers,
Ricardo