Re: Bug caused by moving to BlueZ 5.56 (bytes stripped from HoG reports)

Hi Ricardo,

On Thu, Mar 4, 2021 at 9:40 AM Ricardo Cañuelo
<ricardo.canuelo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I discovered this fix https://github.com/bluez/bluez/commit/35a2c50 while
> debugging a fwupd plugin for a HoG device that implements its FW upgrade
> mechanism using vendor-specific HID reports (
> https://github.com/fwupd/fwupd/blob/master/plugins/pixart-rf/fu-pxi-device.c).
>
> Initially, the developers were using BlueZ versions prior to 5.56, which is the
> first release that includes that fix, so their code was written with that
> behavior in mind. After moving to 5.56 we found out it crashed and we needed to
> adapt the code to the proper report format. I think this is the kind of issues
> that Dean mentioned here
> https://marc.info/?l=linux-bluetooth&m=160590969013204&w=2
>
> Have there been any more reports like this? Is this expected to have a greater
> impact than initially thought?

Nope, you are the first one to report a problem with this change, so
chances are that what Dean stated probably still holds since the vast
majority of devices didn't care about the report ID. So I suppose the
following code shall take care of it or does it not?

https://github.com/fwupd/fwupd/blob/master/plugins/pixart-rf/fu-pxi-device.c#L170

--
Luiz Augusto von Dentz