Re: Bug caused by moving to BlueZ 5.56 (bytes stripped from HoG reports)

Hi Luiz

On Thu, 2021-03-04 at 10:44 -0800, Luiz Augusto von Dentz wrote:
> Nope, you are the first one to report a problem with this change, so
> chances are that what Dean stated probably still holds since the vast
> majority of devices didn't care about the report ID. So I suppose the
> following code shall take care of it or does it not?

https://github.com/fwupd/fwupd/blob/master/plugins/pixart-rf/fu-pxi-device.c#L170

Yes, that's how we're dealing with it for now. It's a quick fix, a more general
solution would be to detect the BlueZ version and parse the reports accordingly.
By the way, is there a way to query the version of the running daemon other than
running it with '-v' and parsing the result?

I just wanted to let you know that this can actually happen so you're ready for
it, as there might be more code like this in other projects, although I don't
know how frequent it is for a device to use vendor-specific report IDs.

Cheers,
Ricardo