Re: How BLE services could be remembered?

Hi Luiz,

> Hi Jose,
>
> On Thu, Dec 8, 2016 at 4:40 PM, José Bollo <jose.bollo@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I observe a strange behaviour of bluez dbus interface.
>>
>> I'm using Cinolink BT 4.0 USB Adapter (CSR BC8510 chipset), Bluez 5.43
>> on debian and/or on fedora.
>>
>> When I first pair a BLE device, the services are correctly discovered
>> and the GATT endpoints are created (a lot).
>>
>> Then I can use it as expected and it is nice. But when I turn off the
>> computer and restart it, things become different.
>>
>> Because the devices are paired with LT key, they are still paired but
>> the GATT services are not availables. I can connect to the device but
>> it doesn't declares the GATT properties/attributes that I need. Also,
>> the service advertises itself without effect.
>
> The attributes should be saved in cache but they are only reloaded on
> demand once a connection happens. Also if the database changes the
> cache can be invalidated removing its attributes, this has been
> changed so premature disconnections don't cause that anymore but in
> case the database do actually change their attributes will be
> invalidated. So if your device is known to cause premature disconnects
> please try with upstream version.

That is probably the case, the device disconnects itself after a
transaction. Its designer made it to improve battery life.

The attribute stay available by DBUS until next restart.

I'll try the upstream version and check whether attribute are
available after a restart.

(snip)

> ConnectService? You mean Connect/ConnectProfile, those can be used in
> case you want to force an active scanning + connect procedure,
> otherwise the device shall be reconnected using passive scanning.

Yes I meant ConnectProfile.

Is it preferable to use ConnectProfile instead of Connect when only
one profile is expected?
The device is always advertising. I think that I have to connect
explicitly because the connection is not automatic.

> Luiz Augusto von Dentz

Best regards
José