Re: BlueZ 5.43: HoG peripheral services re-discovered again and again on every reconnect

Hi Luiz,

On Fri, Dec 2, 2016 at 3:56 AM, Luiz Augusto von Dentz
<luiz.dentz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Petri,
>
> On Thu, Dec 1, 2016 at 11:12 PM, Petri Gynther <pgynther@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> However, in this case, I think this handling is correct.
>> load_gatt_db() showed "No cache for LEFQAU", so BlueZ has to
>> re-discover everything from the device over BLE.
>> But, since the device disconnected in the middle of discovery, BlueZ
>> couldn't fully populate the GATT DB and has to clean it.
>> If the device didn't disconnect so quickly, this would have most likely worked.
>>
>>> But I do agree that we should not reset the db if that was populated
>>> already, so I will try to fix that.
>>
>> Yes, once BlueZ does not reset the GATT DB on failed reconnects, this
>> problem will be solved.
>
> Please check if everything is alright when using upstream, it should
> clear the database anymore if we get an early disconnect.

I applied my 2 patches and your 2 patches on top of 5.43.

GATT DB is no longer destroyed on reconnection errors, so that's excellent.

However, we are still seeing reconnect problems, but not GATT DB related:
bluez: bluetoothd[17780]:
src/gatt-client.c:btd_gatt_client_connected() Device connected.
bluez: bluetoothd[17780]: profiles/gap/gas.c:read_device_name_cb()
Reading device name failed with ATT error: 0
bluez: bluetoothd[17780]: profiles/gap/gas.c:read_appearance_cb()
Reading appearance failed with ATT error: 0
bluez: bluetoothd[17780]: Error reading PNP_ID value: Unexpected error code
bluez: bluetoothd[17780]: BATT level_read_char_cb failed: Request
attribute has encountered an unlikely error

We are still investigating this. Likely a firmware issue on the remote.