AW: Bluetooth with full AMP

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: linux-bluetooth-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:linux-bluetooth-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] Im Auftrag von Andrei Emeltchenko
Gesendet: Dienstag, 11. Februar 2014 13:27
An: Viswanatham, RaviTeja
Cc: Marcel Holtmann; bluez mailin list (linux-bluetooth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx); bzhao@xxxxxxxxxxx
Betreff: Re: Bluetooth with full AMP

Hi Raviteja,

> On Mon, Feb 10, 2014 at 10:35:24AM -0800, Marcel Holtmann wrote:
> > Hi Ravi,
> >
> > > I am working on Ubuntu 12.04 with a Bluetooth 3.0 +HS + wifi combo
> > > USB dongle.
> > >
> > > I want to reach a data transfer speed of up to 24 Mbit/s.
> > >
> > > My Questions: Does Bluez support high speed data transfer rates up
> > > 24 Mbit/s (Bluetooth 3.0+HS) ?
> > >
> > > If it does, is there any user configuration involved to achieve that?
> > > What other requirements need to be met?  Does, Bluetooth enables
> > > AMP function to communicate 802.11n channel to support high speed
> > > or it has to be configure with any other drivers?
> > >
> > > I am new to Linux a detail explanation would be really appreciated.
> > > Thank you in advance for your support.
> >
> > we do support Bluetooth HS operation. However your WiFi device needs
> > to be exposed as AMP Controller. Most WiFi hardware needs a special
> > driver to expose itself as AMP Controller. There is no generic
> > driver for mac80211 subsystem in the kernel.
>
> Some devices have AMP Controller implemented in firmware.  I was using
> Marvell SD8787, probably newer Marvell devices also works.
>
> You may check drivers/bluetooth/btmrvl_main.c to see how HCI dev_type
> HCI_AMP is assigned.
>
> Thanks for replying me. I would like to know some more information
> about the Bluetooth dongle. As you said the Marvell SD8787 is kind of
> a SoC chipset. Is there any USB Bluetooth  device available in the
> market which supports out of the box.

The only possibility I know is Marvell development board like:
http://avnetexpress.avnet.com/store/em/EMController/Development-Kits/Marvell/RD-88W-SD-8787-A0/_/R-10001817/A-10001817/An-0?action=part&catalogId=500201&langId=-1&storeId=500201

> I am running 3.11 kernel and I already build the Marvell option inside
> the kernel.
>
> Is there any dongles available in the market which supports full AMP.

At least I couldn't find one. If you find it let us know ;)

> If
> not are there any other possibilities to fix the Marvell driver with
> the existing dongle. Please any hints as I am working on ARM board I
> need to fix the USB Bluetooth device which can transfer with high speed.

Try to contact Marvell and ask which one supports FullAMP.

Thanks for the reply. I will try to find out about the hardware while contacting Marvell. :)

I bought a USB Bluetooth 3.0 HS + wlan combo dongle. The wlan driver is based on realtek8192cu  in the mailing list they mentioned it is based on soft AMP. I found that the realtek they didn't upgrade new driver which supports new kernel (3.11 and above).

As I understood that Marvell they developed the driver with the FullAMP so that the device can run  with high speed. In the same way is there any other possibilities drivers or else patches available. Any suggestion or hint could be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,
Raviteja