Re: Bluetooth with full AMP

Hi Raviteja,

> On Mon, Feb 10, 2014 at 10:35:24AM -0800, Marcel Holtmann wrote:
> > Hi Ravi,
> >
> > > I am working on Ubuntu 12.04 with a Bluetooth 3.0 +HS + wifi combo
> > > USB dongle.
> > >
> > > I want to reach a data transfer speed of up to 24 Mbit/s.
> > >
> > > My Questions: Does Bluez support high speed data transfer rates up
> > > 24 Mbit/s (Bluetooth 3.0+HS) ?
> > >
> > > If it does, is there any user configuration involved to achieve that?
> > > What other requirements need to be met?  Does, Bluetooth enables AMP
> > > function to communicate 802.11n channel to support high speed or it
> > > has to be configure with any other drivers?
> > >
> > > I am new to Linux a detail explanation would be really appreciated.
> > > Thank you in advance for your support.
> >
> > we do support Bluetooth HS operation. However your WiFi device needs
> > to be exposed as AMP Controller. Most WiFi hardware needs a special
> > driver to expose itself as AMP Controller. There is no generic driver
> > for mac80211 subsystem in the kernel.
>
> Some devices have AMP Controller implemented in firmware.  I was using
> Marvell SD8787, probably newer Marvell devices also works.
>
> You may check drivers/bluetooth/btmrvl_main.c to see how HCI dev_type
> HCI_AMP is assigned.
>
> Thanks for replying me. I would like to know some more information about
> the Bluetooth dongle. As you said the Marvell SD8787 is kind of a SoC
> chipset. Is there any USB Bluetooth  device available in the market
> which supports out of the box.

The only possibility I know is Marvell development board like:
http://avnetexpress.avnet.com/store/em/EMController/Development-Kits/Marvell/RD-88W-SD-8787-A0/_/R-10001817/A-10001817/An-0?action=part&catalogId=500201&langId=-1&storeId=500201

> I am running 3.11 kernel and I already
> build the Marvell option inside the kernel.
>
> Is there any dongles available in the market which supports full AMP.

At least I couldn't find one. If you find it let us know ;)

> If
> not are there any other possibilities to fix the Marvell driver with the
> existing dongle. Please any hints as I am working on ARM board I need to
> fix the USB Bluetooth device which can transfer with high speed.

Try to contact Marvell and ask which one supports FullAMP.

Best regards
Andrei Emeltchenko