Re: gatt advertising

Hi,

Thanks again for your insights!

anderson.lizardo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> If I remember correctly, indeed we only support Read/Write Long
> Characteristic Values on the GATT client code. We have been working on
> refactoring the attribute server, but the code is not ready yet to be
> sent upstream.

Okay, would you expect this feature to be available in the new attribute
server?

>> Are there plans to add long-writes/reads to ATT? Or would this be very
>> easy to add? (I suppose not!).
>
> I'm not aware of anyone working on this at the moment on the attribute
> server code. Regarding complexity, I think implementing Read Blob
> Request would be easy, Prepare Write / Execute Write Request may be
> more difficult, as you need to keep state saved and support more than
> one active client at the same time.

Okay, I can take a look...

A related thing are notifications -- I'm trying to send notifications of
changed characteristics to connected clients (I'm trying to use Bluez as
a peripheral for some mobile devices); I roughly follow the approach in
alert/server.c; however, I never get the callback from
btd_device_add_attio_callback, since device's attrib == NULL,  and so I
never get the chance to send the notification.

Any hint on what I could do?

(Frankly, I was expecting framework to take care of notifications, but
it seems I need to do so by hand. Or?)

Thanks in advance!
Dirk.

--
Dirk-Jan C. Binnema                  Helsinki, Finland
e:djcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx           w:www.djcbsoftware.nl