Re: gatt advertising

Hi Dirk,

On Tue, Jul 30, 2013 at 6:50 PM, Dirk-Jan Binnema <djcb.bulk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> One other thing I've hit upon is that apparently, long-writes/reads are
> supported by ATT yet (looking at channel_handler, and seeing some
> 'Unsupported request 0x16'), although it seems Bluez can do long-writes
> itself.

If I remember correctly, indeed we only support Read/Write Long
Characteristic Values on the GATT client code. We have been working on
refactoring the attribute server, but the code is not ready yet to be
sent upstream.

> Are there plans to add long-writes/reads to ATT? Or would this be very
> easy to add? (I suppose not!).

I'm not aware of anyone working on this at the moment on the attribute
server code. Regarding complexity, I think implementing Read Blob
Request would be easy, Prepare Write / Execute Write Request may be
more difficult, as you need to keep state saved and support more than
one active client at the same time.

Best Regards,
--
Anderson Lizardo