Re: HFP/HSP Telephony profile doesn't work with Bluetooth USB dongle

FYI, the folks at BlueRigger sent me BTD-300 ("Product=Broadcom Bluetooh 3.0 Device" in usb-devices output, as opposed to "Product=BCM20702A0" for the BTD-400 that wasn't working with HSP/HFP), and it works with HSP/HFP just fine.

This means I've got one USB Bluetooth dongle (the BTD-300) that works with the HSP/HFP profile, and two that don't (the BTD-400 and a cheap Cambridge Research dongle).

In the spirit of supporting open source software, I am willing to mail either or both of the dongles that don't work with HSP/HFP at my expense to anyone on this list who is willing to commit to (a) checking whether this problem still exists with the most recent kernel and bluez code) and (b) debugging and fixing it if it does. You can keep the dongles.

If you are willing to commit to doing these things, send me your mailing address in private email and let me know whether you want just one of the dongles or both of them.

Bonus points if you're willing to specifically make sure it works with Fedora 19, which just went into early testing, but I won't make that a hard requirement for the free dongles. :-)

Thanks,

Jonathan Kamens