Re: HFP gateway and new incoming connection

Hi Arnaud,

On Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 12:08 PM, Arnaud Mouiche
<arnaud.mouiche@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 08/22/2011 09:58 PM, Luiz Augusto von Dentz wrote:
>>
>> [...]
>> Yep, we have some plans to move the Agent registration to adapter
>> path, so it gonna be per adapter. This is necessary to set the
>> features bit properly in the record and probably gonna support both
>> roles (with different agents). My initial idea was to use Media API,
>> but perhaps is confusing since HFP is not entirely about audio but
>> call control too (mostly) so perhaps we gonna have a different
>> interface for it e.g. org.bluez.Telephony, in addition to that we are
>> planning to pass the endpoint bus and path together in the
>> NewConnection so the telephony agent (oFono) can communicate directly
>> to endpoint in use (PulseAudio).
>>
>> Those are my plans, but none of this is set in stone and Im pretty
>> open for ideas
>>

> what about using the org.bluez.Adapter / RegisterAgent API, and add:
> - the possibility to setup multiple agents (maintain a list of agents)
> - use the "capability" field as a filter definition to find the good agent
> for the particular request
> ex:
>    audio/gateway.c::agent_sendfd() will look for a agent in the list, with a
> "HFP" capability to send the "NewConnection" request

I guess it would be confusing since with the same method we would have
different types of agents which implements different interfaces, there
is also the problem that by using Adapter interface it would have to
be implemented in the core daemon but my intention is to maintain this
inside the audio plugin to hook with Media API.

--
Luiz Augusto von Dentz