Re: HFP gateway and new incoming connection

Hi,

On 08/22/2011 09:58 PM, Luiz Augusto von Dentz wrote:
[...]
Yep, we have some plans to move the Agent registration to adapter
path, so it gonna be per adapter. This is necessary to set the
features bit properly in the record and probably gonna support both
roles (with different agents). My initial idea was to use Media API,
but perhaps is confusing since HFP is not entirely about audio but
call control too (mostly) so perhaps we gonna have a different
interface for it e.g. org.bluez.Telephony, in addition to that we are
planning to pass the endpoint bus and path together in the
NewConnection so the telephony agent (oFono) can communicate directly
to endpoint in use (PulseAudio).

Those are my plans, but none of this is set in stone and Im pretty
open for ideas

what about using the org.bluez.Adapter / RegisterAgent API, and add:
- the possibility to setup multiple agents (maintain a list of agents)
- use the "capability" field as a filter definition to find the good agent for the particular request
ex:
audio/gateway.c::agent_sendfd() will look for a agent in the list, with a "HFP" capability to send the "NewConnection" request

Arnaud