Re: HFP gateway and new incoming connection

* Arnaud Mouiche <arnaud.mouiche@xxxxxxxxxxx> [2011-08-22 18:48:57 +0200]:

> Hi all.
>
> I'm currently playing with the HFP unit role provided by bluez (ie.
> what is related to audio/gateway.c)
> No problem concerning the connection to a HFP gateway (ie. GSM most
> of the time).
>
> I have more concern with the reverse side, to accept incoming HFP
> connection, as, obviously I didn't get time to register a "Handsfree
> agent" for the particular new connecting device, at the proper time.
>
> Today, I'm using bluez v4.95, but no real difference with the
> upstream for this case.
> Also, I didn't plan to use oFono.... even if it is great piece of software.
>
> I also saw a discussions concerning the initial design in the
> mailling list :
> http://marc.info/?l=linux-bluetooth&m=126390401614859&w=2
>
> _My questions:_
> 1) does this design is today "set in stone" ?

Not sure, we just changed it to add HFP version information.

> 2) It seems the only ways to register an agent at the proper time are:
> - to trace creation of new devices, and try to register an agent at
> this time.
>   But what if the device doesn't show HFP SDP record when connection
> for the first time, and activate it later ?
>   Any race conditions ?

You should listen to DBus UUID property change for the device in the Agent
side. Check the bluetooth plugin inside oFono to learn how to implement that.

> or
> - collect the authorization request in the adapter user agent, when
> "audio_device_request_authorization" is called.
> So it means that the user agent must forward request concerning the
> HFP uuid to the HFP service.
>
> True ?
>
> 3) What do you think of the possibility to set a "adapter based"
> Handsfree agent, and use it when there is no "device based" handsfee
> argent matching ?

I think Luiz also wants that. Luiz?

	Gustavo