Re: Generic Attribute API race condition

Hi Inga,

On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 8:50 PM,  <ingas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Claudio,

<snip>

> Just noticed this thread.
> I ran into a similar problem. Cannot we just delay the return of
> DiscoverCharacteristics method call until after the characteristic
> values/properties have been acquired? I tried out this solution and it
> seems to work fine. The trick is to implement internal counter for
> received responses from the remote device + timeout that is reset on each
> successful response. Any thoughts on this?

IMO delay the return of DiscoverCharacteristics method is the most
simple solution.

I am changing the Generic Attribute to handle on demand connections:
request connection when there is at least one watcher registered or a
write operation pending(SetProperty). After that we will investigate
how to fix the discovery race condition.

> Also, "Property Changed" on characteristic obj path/interface signal is
> mentioned in the attribute API doc, but I cannot seem to find
> implementation for the signal in the code. Am I missing something?

It is not implemented.

Regards,
Claudio.

<snip>