Re: acer-wmi: rfkill and bluetooth enabling doesn't work as in 2.6.37

Hi OldÅich,

æ äï2011-03-11 æ 14:45 -0700ïJoey Lee æåï
> Hi OldÅich,

> > > Thank's for your test result.
> > > Want to double confirm with you...
> > > The above result is base on CONFIG_RFKILL_INPUT=N ?
> >
> > No, that was just a formatting problem of a "reply" to a mail. That wasn't my
> > reaction, it was just a word from the previous line. I'm still using
> > CONFIG_RFKILL_INPUT=Y.
> >
> > OldÅich.
> >

> That's make sense now!
>
> Thank's for your bug report, I am tracing and try to find out solution.
> Joey Lee

After trace rfkill-input stuff, I thought this is rfkill-input's normal
behavior but not a bug.

Unfortunately, I didn't find any workaround way when a driver need to
call rfkill_init_sw_state, e.g. acer-wmi driver.

The rfkill-input will sync the rfkill state to all killswitchs that have
the same type. For example, acer-wmi set the initial software switch to
_BLOCK_ when driver initial, then rfkill-input will also set any new
bluetooth killswitch state to _BLOCK_ .

Acer's BIOS default setup bluetooth's state is disable when system cold
boot, and BIOS also can save the connection devices' state when system
reboot. Currently, acer-wmi driver have right behavior to sync the state
with BIOS.

Face to your situation, my suggestion is:

- Use userland application to correct killswitch state.
  highly suggest You can try urfkill daemon: http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/urfkill
  or
  write a startup script to enable bluetooth when system boot.

- Disable rfkill-input module if you didn't real use it.
  The TravelMate 5730G have wifi hotkey that only emit KEY_WLAN, but
  doesn't emit KEY_BLUETOOTH, that means rfkill-input cann't help you
  enable bluetooth killswitch.

Thank's a lot!
Joey Lee