Re: acer-wmi: rfkill and bluetooth enabling doesn't work as in 2.6.37

Hi again,

On Friday 11 March 2011 21:34:24 Joey Lee wrote:
> æ äï2011-03-11 æ 21:21 +0100ïOldÅich JedliÄka æåï
>
> > Hi Joey Lee,
> >
> > On Thursday 10 March 2011 23:02:27 Joey Lee wrote:
> > > æ åï2011-03-10 æ 19:37 +0100ïOldÅich JedliÄka æåï

> > > Yes, this is right behavior.
> > >
> > > Because have a acer-wmi patch in 2.6.38 to sync the connection devices
> > > (wlan, bluetooth, 3G) status with BIOS.
> > > Acer BIOS fills-in the device initial states in SMBIOS when system
> > > boot, then acer-wmi dirver sync this states with killswitch. By
> > > default, Acer BIOS set the bluetooth to off.

> > > Yes, this is also right behavior, because acer-wmi driver will maintain
> > > the killswitch status with BIOS.

> > > About 2. - 3.
> > > I thought the above behavior causes by rfkill-input reverse the hci0's
> > > killswitch when you pressed HW bluetooth, the HW bluetooth send out a
> > > KEY_BLUETHOOTH keycode then rfkill-input capture it to do hci0's status
> > > reverse.
> > > I suggest leave userland application to do killswitch, don't use
> > > rfkill-input.
> > >
> > > You can do:
> > > 	- Use rfkill unblock acer-bluetooth SW killswitch, don't use HW
> > > 	bluetooth
> > >
> > > switch. - If you still want to use HW bluetooth switch, then I suggest
> > >
> > > disable your rfkill-input. Have 2 way:
> > > 		+ Use urfkill daemon:
> > http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/urfkill
> >
> > > 		  This is a userland daemon can lock the rfkill-input to
disable it

> > > temporarily. + Direct set CONFIG_RFKILL_INPUT=N in kernel, but you will
> > > need to rebuild kernel. After set rfkill-input disable, you need
> > > control killswitch from userland. You can control it by rfkill tool or
> > > also try urfkill daemon.
> >
> > Actually this doesn't work. When I unblock the SW switch by
> > calling `rfkill unblock <number of acer-bluetooth>`, it unblocks the SW
> > killswitch, the bluetooth LED goes up, the hci0 shows-up (USB device and
> > killswitch), but initial state of hci0's killswitch is "blocked". So I
> > still need to unblock it manually. I would preffer to don't be forced to
> > do step 2, also for the HW switch (which should do the same job I
> > think).
> >
> > Cheers,
> > OldÅich.
>
> That's weird!
> Because acer-wmi driver only maintain the killswitch on by itself and
> will not touch hci driver's killswitch. I don't know why hci's
> killswitch initial state is 0, need to check hci driver and rfkill
> staff.
>
> Could you please share your bluetooth device to us?
> Please send out "lsusb" result when bluetooth device available.

Bus 008 Device 002: ID 0a5c:2101 Broadcom Corp. Bluetooth Controller

dmesg shows the following:

[ 2422.322067] usb 8-2: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 3
[ 2422.528212] usb 8-2: New USB device found, idVendor=0a5c, idProduct=2101
[ 2422.528223] usb 8-2: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2,
SerialNumber=0
[ 2422.528231] usb 8-2: Product: Acer Module
[ 2422.528238] usb 8-2: Manufacturer: Broadcom Corp

`rfkill list` shows the following

1) Before I enable the SW killswitch:

0: acer-wireless: Wireless LAN
        Soft blocked: no
        Hard blocked: no
1: acer-bluetooth: Bluetooth
        Soft blocked: yes
        Hard blocked: no
2: acer-threeg: Wireless WAN
        Soft blocked: yes
        Hard blocked: no
3: phy0: Wireless LAN
        Soft blocked: no
        Hard blocked: no

2) After I run `rfkill unblock 1`:

0: acer-wireless: Wireless LAN
        Soft blocked: no
        Hard blocked: no
1: acer-bluetooth: Bluetooth
        Soft blocked: no
        Hard blocked: no
2: acer-threeg: Wireless WAN
        Soft blocked: yes
        Hard blocked: no
3: phy0: Wireless LAN
        Soft blocked: no
        Hard blocked: no
6: hci0: Bluetooth
        Soft blocked: yes
        Hard blocked: no

I've repeated it several times, so hci0 has number 6 now.

Thanks for help,
OldÅich.