Re: acer-wmi: rfkill and bluetooth enabling doesn't work as in 2.6.37

Hi OldÅich,

æ äï2011-03-11 æ 21:54 +0100ïOldÅich JedliÄka æåï
> Hi again,
>
> On Friday 11 March 2011 21:34:24 Joey Lee wrote:
> > æ äï2011-03-11 æ 21:21 +0100ïOldÅich JedliÄka æåï
> >
> > > Hi Joey Lee,

> > > http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/urfkill

> disable it

Did you mean you direct set CONFIG_RFKILL_INPUT=N in kernel and rebuild
kernel? or you used userland app like urfkill to send out ioctl to
disable rfkill-input?

> > > Actually this doesn't work. When I unblock the SW switch by
> > > calling `rfkill unblock <number of acer-bluetooth>`, it unblocks the SW
> > > killswitch, the bluetooth LED goes up, the hci0 shows-up (USB device and
> > > killswitch), but initial state of hci0's killswitch is "blocked". So I
> > > still need to unblock it manually. I would preffer to don't be forced to
> > > do step 2, also for the HW switch (which should do the same job I
> > > think).
> > >
> > > Cheers,
> > > OldÅich.
> >
> > That's weird!
> > Because acer-wmi driver only maintain the killswitch on by itself and
> > will not touch hci driver's killswitch. I don't know why hci's
> > killswitch initial state is 0, need to check hci driver and rfkill
> > staff.
> >
> > Could you please share your bluetooth device to us?
> > Please send out "lsusb" result when bluetooth device available.
>
> Bus 008 Device 002: ID 0a5c:2101 Broadcom Corp. Bluetooth Controller
>
> dmesg shows the following:
>
> [ 2422.322067] usb 8-2: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 3
> [ 2422.528212] usb 8-2: New USB device found, idVendor=0a5c, idProduct=2101
> [ 2422.528223] usb 8-2: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2,
> SerialNumber=0
> [ 2422.528231] usb 8-2: Product: Acer Module
> [ 2422.528238] usb 8-2: Manufacturer: Broadcom Corp
>
> `rfkill list` shows the following
>
> 1) Before I enable the SW killswitch:
>
> 0: acer-wireless: Wireless LAN
>         Soft blocked: no
>         Hard blocked: no
> 1: acer-bluetooth: Bluetooth
>         Soft blocked: yes
>         Hard blocked: no
> 2: acer-threeg: Wireless WAN
>         Soft blocked: yes
>         Hard blocked: no
> 3: phy0: Wireless LAN
>         Soft blocked: no
>         Hard blocked: no
>
> 2) After I run `rfkill unblock 1`:
>
> 0: acer-wireless: Wireless LAN
>         Soft blocked: no
>         Hard blocked: no
> 1: acer-bluetooth: Bluetooth
>         Soft blocked: no
>         Hard blocked: no
> 2: acer-threeg: Wireless WAN
>         Soft blocked: yes
>         Hard blocked: no
> 3: phy0: Wireless LAN
>         Soft blocked: no
>         Hard blocked: no
> 6: hci0: Bluetooth
>         Soft blocked: yes
>         Hard blocked: no
>
> I've repeated it several times, so hci0 has number 6 now.
>
> Thanks for help,
> OldÅich.

Thank's for your test result.
Want to double confirm with you...
The above result is base on CONFIG_RFKILL_INPUT=N ?

I just simply check the rfkill stuff,
I found when CONFIG_RFKILL_INPUT set to enable and there have any driver
call rfkill_init_sw_state before register rfkill object, then rfkill
will sync this state to all killswitch that have the same type and also
will set the same initial state to new killswitch have the same type.

Looks like rfkill will sync the state for the same type killswitch if
used rfkill_init_sw_state, I will do more detail debug and trace for
rfkill stuff, then find out solution.

Thank's a lot!
Joey Lee