Re: RFC: Allow Bluez to select flushable or non-flushable ACL packets with L2CAP_LM_RELIABLE

Hi,

On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 3:04 PM, Suraj <suraj@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Luis,
>
> On 6/16/2010 5:10 PM, Luiz Augusto von Dentz wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 11:45 PM, Marcel Holtmann<marcel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>  wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Nick,

>>> can see anything wrong with that patch. However we need to use
>>> SOL_BLUETOOTH for it of course. So we need to come up with something to
>>> make this simple.
>>>
>>> An additional change I like to see is to use flags for booleans like
>>> flushable in the structures. Can you work on changing that.
>>>
>>> Also do we have decoding support for this in hcidump. It might be nice
>>> to include some really simple examples in the commit message.
>>>
>>> Regards
>>
>> I would like to play a little bit with this, so is there any missing
>> updates?
>>
> This is not exactly something related to your question, but there is another
> side effect for the current implementation.
>
> Assume you have 2 ACL links, FTP and A2DP. A2DP streaming and FTP doing FTP
> Put.
> When the A2DP packets start blocking, it effectively start blocking the
> packets available for FTP too. But, the host has no idea about it and keep
> pumping in A2DP data until all available buffers are blocked. Effectively
> blocking both A2DP and FTP.
>
> So at the user level you will see your FTP connection stalling as long your
> A2DP connection is stalled (out of range). FTP will restart as soon as A2DP
> comes back in range.
>
> I had raised this issue sometime before, but could not follow it up.

I got the impression that we can still control which packets are
Automatically-Flushable and which are not, so even thought we set the
timeout in a per ACL link fashion we can still mark which packets
should be flushable in a per socket basis.

Is that correct, Nick?

--
Luiz Augusto von Dentz
Computer Engineer