Re: Long delay to (re)connect a bluetooth mouse

Hi Marcel:

Thanks so much for replying! It seems a little humor helped to get someone's
attention, even though I'm not sure you fully appreciated it :-)

> you do know that an open source community doesn't work like this.

As I mentioned in my second post, I have interacted and made small contributions
of code to the open source community several times in the past, and my
experience this time around was atypical because I was having a hard time just
getting someone to reply!

> If someone would be able to make anything out of your posting or has
> experienced the same, they would have spoken.

Was it unreasonable to expect that someone would say: "Nobody is experiencing
this kind of delay, maybe it's something in your setup"? Or even, "this is not
the right forum for non-developers to ask for help, why don't you try such and
such place?"

> Since you didn't even
> include any logs or hcidump details, you didn't even gave any person
> without the hardware to respond.

As I also made clear, I am not a developer, and I didn't know what kind of
information would be useful. I didn't want to post a long message with
information that might be irrelevant. I did ask in my first post what kind of
information I should provide to help diagnose the problem.

Sometimes one's attitude doesn't come accross as intended in e-mails. My tirade
about The Sixth Sense was meant to express amusement, and not resentment, at
the situation. I was sincere in my wishes to the bluez community of developers.
Without you folks there would be no bluetooth for Linux at all, and appreciate
your work.

Regards,

Daniel