Re: Long delay to (re)connect a bluetooth mouse

Not a single reply two days later! It seems nobody is interested in this subject here or in the Ubuntu and sidux forums. Do so few people actually use bluetooth mice? Folks, I'm starting to feel ignored!

I've been a Linux user for more than 15 years. I know nothing about the bluetooth protocol and I'm not a developer, but over the years I have made small contributions to the Open Sound System code, a couple of Gnu applications and other open-source software. Never before have I experienced such difficulty in finding someone with whom to discuss a Linux-related issue as now with this problem of the bluetooth mouse reconnection delay!

I'm sorry if this kind of discussion is not appropriate for this mailing list. If so, will somebody please be kind enough to suggest a forum where I could ask if there are any bluez configuration options I could try out to speed up the mouse reconnection when it comes out of sleep mode. As I mentioned in my first post, this same mouse reconnects very fast when I boot my notebook under Windows XP, and I want to try to achieve the same kind of performance under Linux.

Somebody please talk to me! :-)

Daniel