Re: btusb and HCI_RAW

Hi Marcel,

Marcel Holtmann a écrit :
> Hi Matthieu,
>
>> But hci_usb wasn't doing that (ie always use max alternate setting +
>> submit sco/alc urb), and I wasn't under the impression that it costs too
>> much CPU power.
>
> there is not concept of max alternate setting. You just have to use the
> right one and powertop showed the difference in power consumption.

Ok, but in normal case HCI_RAW isn't enabled ?
So the high power consumption only happen when you use this mode, which
shouldn't happen for normal users ?

>>> So this is a little bit
>>> pointless here and before just worked by pure luck. Why do you want this
>>> support in the first place?
>>>
>> This can be helpful to test userspace bluetooth stack or do some fuzzing.
>
> I seriously couldn't care less about any userspace Bluetooth stack. Also
> why is RAW not working for ACL packets.
Do you mean HCI_RAW or l2cap raw ?

For HCI_RAW case, what will call hci_connect for ACL_LINK ?
This seems need to have "hdev->conn_hash.acl_num > 0" .

> adapter is brought up properly and switched to RUNNING state. SCO will
> not be possible without magic.
Also why in hci_sock_sendmsg there isn't check to return error if it is
impossible to send raw sco/acl ?

Regards,
Matthieu