Re: ont out of 6 bcache devices does not register automatically

On Tue, Nov 28, 2017 at 11:32 AM, Stefan Priebe - Profihost AG
<s.priebe@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> nobody asked for this - but bcache provides bcache-tools and upstream
> udev rules and those don't work in this case. To i consider this an
> upstream bug. Not a bug in my envorinment or in my distribution.

I do not maintain bcache-tools.  It looks like g2p wrote a set of
rules in 2014 that Debian uses.  Gentoo uses a different set of rules.
Arch uses a slightly different set of rules.

Nor is what you're trying to do completely safe, because depending on
rule ordering it can mean if you stack md & bcache, for instance, very
bad things could happen with your change.

This is an issue for your distribution maintainer.

> I can fix this myself - i just had the hope to get it fixed upstream so
> others don't fall into the same issue.
>
> Greets,
> Stefan

Mike