Re: ont out of 6 bcache devices does not register automatically

Hi Coly,
  Hi Michael,

Am 22.11.2017 um 20:06 schrieb Stefan Priebe - Profihost AG:
> Am 22.11.2017 um 18:51 schrieb Michael Lyle:
>> Hi Coly, Stefan--

>>> i can try that one - can you please resend? I can't find that mail and
>>> don't know how to grab that one our of the web html archives to apply
>>> correctly.
>>>
>>> Stefan
>>
>> I don't think there's any chance this patch will do anything.  If
>> there's a deadlock, the whole thing will become stuck forever and never
>> allow registration or progress on the device again-- which doesn't match
>> the symptoms here.
>
> No it does not ;-)
>
>> This probably relates to udev configuration in your environment somehow.

I found the problem the device is not detected as bcache by blkid - see
here:

'/sbin/blkid -o udev -p /dev/sdf1'(out) 'ID_FS_AMBIVALENT=other:bcache
other:xfs_external_log'

normally it looks like this:
'/sbin/blkid -o udev -p /dev/sdg1'(out) 'ID_FS_TYPE=bcache'

so instead of setting the FS_TYPE to bcache it's ID_FS_AMBIVALENT which
skips the bcache udev rules.

Just no idea how to fix that.

Stefan