Re: bcache_gc: BUG: soft lockup

On Mon, 16 May 2016, Yannis Aribaud wrote:

> Hi,
>

> 11 mai 2016 03:10 "Eric Wheeler" <bcache@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit:
> > Can you describe your disk stack in more detail? What is below ceph?
> >
> > I think this is the first time I've heard of Ceph being used in a bcache
> > stack on the list. Are there any others out there with success? If so,
> > what kernel versions and disk stack configuration?
>
> I'm using one SSD as caching device (one cache set) and several SATA drives
>  as backing devices.
> No RAID, no MD, no LVM, nothing fancy, only bare devices and Bcache.
>
> Bcache devices are XFS formatted and used by Ceph OSD (journaling on the same
> device). One OSD per bcache device.

What bcache bucket size are you using?  Review this thread and see if it
sounds similar:
  http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-bcache/msg03796.html

I wonder if XFS is sending writes down that are too large as speculated
in the thread above.

Please also try these two patches and see if they help:

  https://lkml.org/lkml/2016/4/5/1046

  http://www.spinics.net/lists/raid/msg51830.html

--
Eric Wheeler