Re: Is bcache dead?

Zachary Palmer <zep_kernel.org <at> bahj.com> writes:

>  I expect I'm speaking on behalf of quite a few
> people when I say that you've made things better in a subtle but
> significant way.  :)
>
> Cheers,
>
> Zach

I am a little late in this thread but I also wanted to say I appreciate the hard
 work put into bcache and I've had no trouble with it at all, except when my
crappy OCZ VERTEX4 disappears (happens maybe once a month, or if the case gets a
 little too hot inside).  Then I'll need to reboot whether I'm in writeback
OR writethrough mode (I've got bcache as my root FS and in both cases it's
remounted r/o and bcache won't let me remount it r/w).  But it really makes
things  faster (in either mode, though of course faster in writeback). Hopefully
 the stress level will go down and you will get some more time to work on
bcache.