Re: Is bcache dead?

Another happy user experience: I started packaging bcache-tools for Fedora 20 summer 2013, just because I wanted to use bcache. After alligning bcache-tools with util-linux, Dracut and LVM2 (all these packages needed minor tweaks, that were all integrated upstream) I have been using bcache myself (of course). I've been living on the edge by using writeback caching and a cheap SSD, and it has all been working like a charm! Well, I've been living over the edge actually by attempting to enable TRIM - I blame the resulting corruptions on the cheap SSD. And I had occasional "bcache_writeback 100% CPU" issues, but those seem to be gone (currently kernel 3.16).

And searching for bcache at bugzilla.redhat.com: no bugs pop up. Could be that there are no bcache users at all, but I know for fact that that's not true.

So (when not using TRIM): excellent performance and stability. Thanks for the good work!

Rolf