Re: register_bcache() error opening /dev/md2: bad block/bucket size

On Sun, 15 Dec 2013 19:39:45 -0500, Jakub Witkowski <skylynx@xxxxx> wrote:

to use larger block but bcache I think I use this. The another problem is that SSD's manufacturers don't release information about some basic info about SSD like page size or nand erase block size

Sometimes they post it in technical papers or will supply on request. Regardless, optimization at this stage is a total waste of time, IMO. Provision 25-30% spare area on your drive and let it do it's thing. Unless you're in the habit of buying el-cheapo, cr*p drives (stay away from low-priced consumer) the firmware is smart enough to do the right thing.

If you want consistent speed and reliable drives you MUST spend money and get the professional or high-end gear.