Re: Another bcache hang

On Thu, Nov 21, 2013 at 05:07:02PM -0800, Paul B. Henson wrote:
> [...]

Laziness, mostly. The RAID1 array is a PV that houses filesystems we'd
rather thot lose. The development databases are not so critical - we
rebuild them at least once a week anyway. The use of LVs was a quick
and easy way to test various caching implementations without increasing
the risk of data loss or corruption in the rest of the system.

If you want to provide a block cache for all of your logical volumes,
it would make much more sense to put LVM on top of bcache rather than
the other way around.

-davidc