Re: [OT]: Linux non-linear video editors [WAS]: Writing jingles

On Wed, Jul 2, 2014 at 11:42 AM, Louigi Verona <louigi.verona@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hey Lorenzo!

Thanks for reminding me about xjadeo - I should try if I can use that tool to do the sync as well. Although Xjadeo does not play sound, right? Because I usually use  video camera audio as something that I am syncing the external audio recording to.

I tried Cinelerra today from community PPA and the big problem with it is that it does not read my format and I have no idea what to do here. Same with Blender - it looks very promising and cool, but these encoding problems are very tough. OpenShot may be unstable, but at least it rarely has such troubles.

Maybe there is some way to make Cinelerra see all the formats?

Hi!
What format is your videon in? I find your comment strange because last time i was using cinelerra, the quantity of supported formats strucked me with surprise.

But hey!! Blender is a delicious NL-VSE !! Eventualy, exporting to vimeo's compression guidline will force you to use ffmpeg ( http://vimeo.com/24111703

Here are tutorials on how to synch blender with ardour using jack :)
http://vimeo.com/16840441 and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oz0Quk4_LwE
the vimeo one is old, now blender is shipped with jack support, but i I didn't find any in english. However, it's really not that complicated :)

Yours,

--
Set Hallström
AKA