Re: Help with configuring a laptop for Linux Audio work

On 05/13/2014 03:17 AM, Peter Lutek wrote:
On 2014-05-13 09:09, Peter Lutek wrote:

i'll have to watch this, to see if i can figure out why, sometimes,
all the governors disappear except powersave and performance.

ok... looks like my non-rt kernel gives me a larger list of available
governors (and, curiously, a lower maximum available CPU speed) than my
rt kernel, which has only the powersave and performance governors as
well as a higher max CPU speed. perhaps "performance" on the RT kernel
will be best....

My non-RT kernel (3.13) here offers only powersave or performance. My understanding is that performance does just that - set for top performance.

--
David W. Jones
gnome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx