Re: Help with configuring a laptop for Linux Audio work

On Mon, 12 May 2014, Peter Lutek wrote:

On 2014-05-12 09:14, Len Ovens wrote:
...set userspace

i'd like to do that; on debian, how do i make the userspace governor available? i can load the kernel module (and it shows in lsmod), but userspace doesn't show in the list of avilable governors which is returned by cpufreq-info.

Ok, I don't know. I have ubuntu-lowlatency 3.11 and I don't see any k-mod with lsmod that looks to me like it pertains to the cpugovernor. What governors do you have?

BTW, the governor and speed can be set without the CPUfreq utilities.

cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_available_governors
should show what is available
cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu*/cpufreq/scaling_governor
will show what governor is in use on cpu* (put a number from 0 to 3 in)
and writing to the same file will change it to whatever. Setting the speed is in the same directory scaling_speed maybe? There is also a file with the available speeds listed.

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net