Re: Script to clean up Ardour unused files ?

On Tue, Jan 28, 2014 at 8:25 PM, Fons Adriaensen <fons@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Also, to be really sure one would have to reload _all_ snapshots.

the cleanup code explicitly scans all snapshots in a session.

Which reminds me of a related issue. Ardour does the right thing
for 'save as' and 'new snapshot' in that the latter does not
change the current session name used by 'save'. However, when
a snapshot is reloaded it does become the current session and
it will be overwritten by 'save', which may not be what the
user intended.

this is not the case, and even though i have seen one report of this on IRC, my attempts to replicate it have failed. loading a snapshot and then saving will alter the state of the snapshot that was loaded, not the "current session" or any other snapshot.

if you have a reproducible recipe for this behaviour, i could try to track it down.