Re: Linux Audio podcast, episode001

On 07/02/2013 09:12 PM, Louigi Verona wrote:
Sure, Paul, my comment on Ardour was not meant to say that you should
support DSSI. It simply pointed out the facts.

I feel great respect towards developers of Linux Audio and I totally
understand that each developer has his reasons for doing what he does.
So I was not even asking "why Ardour doesn't support DSSI", I just said
that it doesn't. Obviously, you have good reasons for what you are doing.

So, I hope my tone did not turn out as demanding as it was not meant to
be at all.

You made an interesting point about Windows that people just work with
what they have when on Linux devs spend lots of time fixing things. I
wonder how big is this effect. Do many people engage in this kind of
activity?

Well, ages ago, I was one of the first users of CorelDRAW. Fed them many bug reports and UI feedback. Won't claim to make a big difference, but I did isolate a serious bug sufficiently that they could finally fix it. They rewarded me with a free upgrade to v2. So it's pretty cool when a developer rewards (me) by putting out a better version!

I know a lot of Windows users just put up with problems, maybe grumble a little bit, but figure it's just the way computers are. I work with a number of them.

My biggest complaint about Microsoft is that they have convinced users to accept computer and application crashes as "normal".

Reminds me, sometime I must start learning Ardour.

--
David
gnome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx