Re: Questions about LV2

On 05/14/2013 12:04 PM, Julien Claassen wrote:
Hello!
Jeremy: OK, I've seen, that the Zyn LV2 plugin makes extensive use of the dynparam extension and that might be a problem. I'll see about that. As for samplv1, this answers one question, there's some special hidden magic about loading samples between GUI and plugin. Pitty about that.
  Warm regards and thanks for the hint
         Julien

That's one thing that always irks me about all these custom guis. They make accessibility a pain in the butt. I think it was Robin Gareus that mentioned to me on IRC that there might be a way in the LV2 pipeline to at least make patch_set messages generic. That would be awesome as it would make both the example sampler plugin in the LV2 distro (and my own little experimental LV2 plugin) accessible given that the host has a way to expose the patch set interface in a non-gui way (for stuff like console only lv2 hosts).

Flo

P.S.: Putting Dave on CC. Maybe he has some more info on the subject..

--
Florian Paul Schmidt
http://fps.io