Re: Fwd: Re: Raspberry Pi and real-time, low-latency audio

I've had the same issue. As you describe later you have to switch the USB
controller to USB 1.1 mode and disable Advanced mode on the UA-25.

Do you mean there is something to configure on RPi? If it is so I
think something did it. I didn't touched anything on RPi related to
USB, I just disabled Advanced mode on the UA25 turning off the switch
on the back, and I guess this is what cause the switching to 1.1. Is
it so?

Hello Carlos,

Not sure, I should try that out myself. Afaik disabling advanced mode is not enough, you should also add dwc_otg.speed=1 to your /boot/cmdline.txt file.

[...]

As the mini SD 2G card was corrupted, I just use a 64MB for the boot
partition where I specify /dev/sda2 as the system partition. For the
moment it all went quite well. As I mentioned before, it runs RT
without a problem.

Have to give it another go then. Audio in my case was so glitchy that it was unusable actually.

I'm using a powered hub with a 3.7A adapter which is more than enough. I
bought this hub for €3, wouldn't call that expensive ;)

That's really cheap. I have to find something similar to avoid more
power issues.

I have good experiences with dx.com (DealExtreme): http://dx.com/s/usb%2bhub%2bac%2badapter.html?sort=Price The hub I'm using now: http://www.amazon.de/7-Port-gerichtet-leichteren-Zugang-Staubverschlu%C3%9F/dp/B006ZZMSB8

Regards,

Jeremy