Re: Raspberry Pi and real-time, low-latency audio

I chose the Modest preset, so it should be just 800MHz and with no
other modification on other freqs.

I'm at 950MHz as my SD cards got corrupted with higher settings. This is because higher settings demand a higher core_freq which was the culprit in my case, the SD cards I'm using can't cope with higher core_freq settings.

I tried it, but when I try to wipe partitions with gparted or any
other it unmount itself or say that it's not possible.

If you run into corruption errors the SD might be
defective?

At least not until now, never had a problem. I wonder if the reboot
cause a physical damage on the SD, but in a reboot it shouldn't happen
a peak of voltage to cause that.

Weird issue, seems like a defective SD card. Bummer but it can happen and not just in a RPi.

This could allow me to maybe boot a system in a USB stick, but then I
waste one USB slot, and I'm afraid that if I buy another SD card it
could be corrupted again and then it would be wasted money.

You can boot from an USB stick connected to a hub. I've tested this when
trying to run a RT kernel on the RPi. But either my USB stick or the RPi
itself has issues with the throughput because I had the idea the RPi was a
lot less responsive and audio was completely distorted.

In worst case, I could plug a USB stick on one slot and in the other
the USB hub with the UA and mouse/keyboard/midi-usb..., but I would
like to control what happen with SDs cards and when they get
unusable/broken because of some corruption.

Same here but I think it is just inherent to the design of the RPi, it's a very cheap device that allows for quite some hacking and tweaking (despite the closed sourcenessness of the SoC). When hacking around you can break stuff but I consider that part of the deal.

Jeremy