Re: Raspberry Pi and real-time, low-latency audio

On 04/15/2013 10:14 AM, Carlos sanchiavedraz wrote:
Hello again.

I've done some testing with Raspbian following the great wiki
mentioned at the begining fo this thread[1].

After some configuration (overcloking (just Modest mode at 800MHz, run
optimization script... but no Jack for the moment)  I tried to connect
an UA25EX (UA25 newer version) but It failed the first time, it
rebooted itself, and then it kept rebooting all the time.

Hello Carlos,

Seems like the UA-25EX is drawing too much current. What kind of power supply are you using?

 It corrupted
the 2GB SD, now I cannot even format and start all over again (the
system doesn't recognize or mount it).

I think Jeremy and someone else have an UA25, did something like this
happened to you?

Yes, that's why I'm now using a powered USB hub and I plug the UA-25 into the hub. The hub has a 5V/3.7A power supply. In my case I also experienced SD corruption when using a GPU frequency higher than 250.

Regards,

Jeremy

I've been using my RPi with Raspbian and RasBMC (this I think it has
800MHz configured by default) for some time now, and all went ok and
never corrupted the SD card even having several reboots in this time.

(Maybe I'll have to buy another SD card and try that 8GB image made
for Pure Data)

Regards.

[1]http://wiki.linuxaudio.org/wiki/raspberrypi

-- Carlos sanchiavedraz