Re: Realtime Privilege, WAS:Re: OT: what is happening with RT kernel development?

On Sat, 30 Mar 2013 02:05:18 +0100, <jonetsu@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Le 29-03-2013 18:35, Kaj Ailomaa a écrit :

I'm fairly sure your m-audio card is at hw:1 in this case. There's no
guarantee in which order the cards end up at each boot.
To make sure you always start your m-audio card, I usually always use
the  name.

This means you don't have realtime privilege. You need to do two things.

First, make sure you have a file called
/etc/security/limits.d/audio.conf  with the contents (if you didn't
enable realtime privilege during install,  the file will be named
/etc/security/limits.d/audio.conf,disabled):

The file was already as below.  So I ran the dpkg-reconfigure command in

If the file already existed, there was no need to run the command.

there. And I added my user name to the group file, and rebooted. Now qjackctl shows all 1010LT ins and outs, so things are moving on. There

this is simply because after you rebooted, your LT1010 became hw:0 instead of hw:1 as it was before. As I said, the order in which the cards end up may be different at each boot. You can check the order, and the names doing:

cat /proc/asound/cards

was no need to specify the card's name which is good in a sense, because I do not know where to specify the name. qjackctl does not seemingly take a card name as a parameter.

You always need to specify which card you will run jack with. No matter how you start jack, with or without qjackctl. In qjackctl, you do this from Setup -> Interface. "default" is the same as hw:0. I would change this to your card name, writing the name manually.

Again, the name can be gotten from doing: cat /proc/asound/cards

If my memory serves me correctly, your device is named simply LT1010, so, in qjackctl, instead of "default", or "hw:0", you would write "hw:LT1010".