Re: External USB 2 HD for real-time recording

The issue that the drive will spin up and down again and again can be
avoided.

I removed

- thunar-volman
- tumbler
- gvfs

on Arch Linux. No packages depend on those packages for my Arch Linux.
The drive keeps asleep, even with still one partition mounted.
Later I'll add one package after the other, to find out what does cause
the access and I also will take a look at Ubuntu.