Re: LightWorks for Linux Demo

On 03/17/2013 09:12 PM, Louigi Verona wrote:
You know fellas, we are talking abstract things and how great it is for
Linux to go mass market and we wonder what is wrong.
But I can give you a simple example of what is wrong.

I am right now on Xubuntu 12.04. So this is not 1975 or 1984 or even
1995. It is 2013.

Yet, when I ask - how do I make Xubuntu to autologin my user instead of
asking for a password every time, you know what I am told? I am told to
open a config file in a text editor, go to a particular line and write
in a certain value.

Yah, XFCE's pursuit of "lightness" is also light on some pieces of functionality. Personally, I'm OK typing in my password each time. Seems worthwhile to have one barrier against some casual computer thief getting into my stuff. But whatever floats your boat! ;-)

--
David
gnome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx