Re: Pro Audio? OT rant.

On 12/24/2012 10:45 AM, Florian Paul Schmidt wrote:
Now do it the other way around: Take some digital masters of albums and
cut vinyl records from then. Now do a double blind test. My hypothesis
is that you will be able to discriminate the vinyl from the digital
playback for the simple reason that the vinyl cutting and playback chain
introduces loads of imperfections that will be clearly audible.

Doesn't this result in vinyl that can barely be played (unless the digital master was done for vinyl specifically)? I thought masters for vinyl and digital media were slightly different.

Regards,

Jeremy