Re: Simple hardware & software for digitizing analog audio recordings

Ralf Mardorf wrote:
Useful audio cards must not be expensive. A replacement for onboard crap
does cost less than 50€/$ and it's able to replace some stereo.

Thanks, Ralf! I suppose the motherboard manufacturers use the cheapest they can get away with, to keep the price down. As you say, fortunately it's easy and relatively inexpensive to replace that with something better.

For producing music IMO it's better to spend some more money, if
possible.

I agree there, but in my case I knew I'd just be digitizing existing recordings.

Regarding to your stereo, there are many components that "make" the
sound. For turntables it's not only the cartridge, but also the
pre-amp's equalization.

I know! I'm aware my cartridge, turntable, preamp, and the rest of the system aren't high end, but I tried to buy all components of about the same quality. If I were to hook up, for example, outstanding speakers to it, they'd probably show the flaws of the other components.

Adam