Re: WG: [slightly OT] Musical citation (what is allowed?)

On 02/12/11 11:44, Hartmut Noack wrote:
Am 01.12.2011 12:47, schrieb Ralf Mardorf:
PS: "In Germany the GEMA sued kindergartens for singing Rolf
Zuckowski's children's songs."

Pardon, in Germany the children are allowed to sing his songs, but
they have to pay for singing his songs.

Fuck Rolf Zuckowski.

You will have to f...k quite a lot of people, if you apply that to
everyone, who deserves it.

No, not Zuckowski: GEMA is the problem. Some say, GEMA is the most
aggressive and reactionary PRO in the west.

I think SIAE is pretty much the same (apart from the fact, maybe, that they have a legal monopoly here in Italy).

Its politics dictate every
musician: be with us or be nothing. And they do not ask Zuckowski or any
of their members before they sue a kindergarden, a hospital or a social
youth club.

That's the problem with collecting societies, say someone wanted to 'donate' their song for a cause, occasion (e.g. children in kindergarten) etc. they can't if it's registered with a collecting society and the work is.

Lorenzo.

Well I payed much money to the GEMA when buying empty tapes, CDs etc.
that were used for my own compositions! Later I bought data tapes
instead of "normal empty" DAT tapes "for music", because they were
even not half as expensive. The GEMA is a mafia.

** NOTE **: This gmail address is my new email.
I will still be reading my libero.it email, but please use this new one for any further email.
Thanks you for understanding.
** NOTA **: Questo indirizzo gmail è la mia nuova email.
Continuerò a leggere la posta libero.it ancora per un po' ma vi prego di usare questa nuova da ora in poi.
Grazie per la comprensione.