Re: WG: [slightly OT] Musical citation (what is allowed?)

Am 01.12.2011 12:47, schrieb Ralf Mardorf:
PS: "In Germany the GEMA sued kindergartens for singing Rolf Zuckowski's children's songs."

Pardon, in Germany the children are allowed to sing his songs, but they have to pay for singing his songs.

Fuck Rolf Zuckowski.

You will have to f...k quite a lot of people, if you apply that to everyone, who deserves it.

No, not Zuckowski: GEMA is the problem. Some say, GEMA is the most aggressive and reactionary PRO in the west. Its politics dictate every musician: be with us or be nothing. And they do not ask Zuckowski or any of their members before they sue a kindergarden, a hospital or a social youth club.

Well I payed much money to the GEMA when buying empty tapes, CDs etc. that were used for my own compositions! Later I bought data tapes instead of "normal empty" DAT tapes "for music", because they were even not half as expensive. The GEMA is a mafia.