Re: Reinstalling Ubuntu - Which version ?

On 11/15/11 09:50, jy wrote:
Strange though thing is that even Lucid is supposed to be supported until
next Spring, lots of PPAs already don't support it anymore. Especially
FalkTX's and abogani's (the first being marked as deprecated). It's their
own right I know but i was a bit disappointed to discover that they didn't
do it anymore.
By luck KSStudio's PPA still offers a lot of Lucid compliant packages for
audio software. That did the trick !

Hello jy,

This doesn't apply to the Tango Studio repositories, those are Lucid only. And Lucid being an LTS release doesn't mean PPA's have to support it, when it comes to PPA's you have to deal with the whims of the maintainers of those PPA's. I never enable any PPA or repository unless I'm 100% sure a repository won't break anything or remains maintained for a longer period of time. Needless to say I've never enabled any KXStudio or FalkTX PPA, I only installed some separate packages, actually very few packages because most of those packages depend on newer libraries or stuff that isn't in Lucid (like Jack2).

Best,

Jeremy