Re: Reinstalling Ubuntu - Which version ?

Thansk all for your advices.

I'm keeping ubuntu lucid for the time being and will look further into which distros might interest me for my next installation !

Strange though thing is that even Lucid is supposed to be supported until next Spring, lots of PPAs already don't support it anymore. Especially FalkTX's and abogani's (the first being marked as deprecated). It's their own right I know but i was a bit disappointed to discover that they didn't do it anymore.
By luck KSStudio's PPA still offers a lot of Lucid compliant packages for audio software. That did the trick !

Thanks a lot !!

jy

2011/11/15 Al Thompson <althompson58@xxxxxxxxx>
On 11/14/2011 04:55 AM, Dave Phillips wrote:

> Btw, I'm running audio systems here on Arch, AV Linux, Ubuntu 10.04,
> and 64 Studio. The Arch and Ubuntu systems are plain vanilla
> installations tweaked for performance.

How does the performance compare running audio software, and as daily
"desktop computers?"

--
---
My website is down. I had a motherboard failure on that computer!! (ugh)

 http://lateralforce.no-ip.org

My blog, with commentary on a variety of things, including audio,
mixing, equipment, etc, is at:
  http://audioandmore.wordpress.com

Staat heißt das kälteste aller kalten Ungeheuer.  Kalt lügt es auch;
und diese Lüge kriecht aus seinem Munde: 'Ich, der Staat, bin das Volk.'
                                               - [Friedrich Nietzsche]